Thursday, February 10, 2011

Spending time at the Andaluz Hotel

I've been working for a few weeks with the Andaluz hotel to compile a cache of images for them to illustrate what the hotel has to offer. A major concern for them was to incorporate more people, to breathe life to their current marketing collateral. The assignment has been a big one and has involved many different setups, some using amatuer models and lots of lighting, some using ambient light and the customers that happened to be there. I was fortunate to have Rip Williams on hand one evening to add his expertise. I used eveything in the bag for this shoot, including the dreaded tripod (extensively). All my speedlights came out and I pushed the limits of the D700s high ISO performance. I also recently upgraded to Aperture 3 and used this project to test it out: worth the upgrade. Used Nik extesively in the processing of these files. The shots at hand include the grand opening of the Casablanca space, models in the Cabana area, night shots in the Lucia restaurant, food shots, chef portaits and some shots in the Presidential suite with models. 



No comments:

Post a Comment